• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Warbird Pilots out there? Manuals are GONE. THANKS ODT.

I got the chance to log 30 minutes of left seat time in the EAA’s B-17 “Aluminum Overcast” and then got to jump out of the bomb bay of the Collings Foundation’s B-17 “Nine-O-Nine” and land on the beach in Destin, FL. Two very awesome experiences.

I hope these manuals go to vets library as they represent a historical time where 19-23 year olds were flying bombing missions and not whining about needing their safe space.

Flew on a 141 very early in the gulf war. Had some goodies to monitor the Iraqis before they went all the way through Kuwait. Had a few bad days after we landed and went into Kuwait. There were a few good snipers in Saddams army back then. Thank God for the A-10. My buddy Mike didn't make it but I did. Warthog drivers rule.

Been infatuated with the A-10 since 1996. Driving near Scott Air Force Base in Illinois, one was buzzing the treetops and scared the beejeezuz out of me driving on the highway. What a sound...what a sight!!!

speaking of old military training manuals and technical manuals, my dad had some of these left over from his days has a World War II fighter pilot. When he passed away, nobody in the family wanted to keep those things. We kept some of his other memorabilia, but we donated all the technical and field manuals to a museum. Particularly the Museum of Aviation at Republic Airfield in Long Island, New York which was the site of the factory that built the P-47 Thunderbolt fighters that he flew.

My DAD. Damn, makes me miss him so much.

img103.jpg

Back
Top Bottom