• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody been to Anniston CMP lately?

As far as I know it's still 3 rounds per yardage not 10. I was there last around just 2 months ago. There may be some assumptions/miscommunications in this thread that should be verified. I could also be wrong or it has changed but I believe it is still 3 rounds in black per yardage.

I'm sure someone else will chime in or even go again before me but I'm going over in a few weeks and will report back with correct info.

Well, I don't think they would let me in. I can't shoot for crap with a rifle. I am planning on working on it. One of these days when I have time.

I’m trying to get a buddy to go with me on Wednesday. If I go I’ll report in on the policy. The other times I’ve been they just wanted to see that I was in the black with a group before I moved out to a further target. They didn’t specify a number of rounds, but I was shooting 5 shot groups. I’d ask the guy to put up the next target, he’d glance at the screen, see my group, and bring up the target.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Advanced Bullets is an outdoor range and gun shop in Temple, GA, off I-20 at Exit 19, I think.

They have implemented a policy that says you can't shoot rifles at 100 yards until you prove you can hit the target safely at 25 or 50 yards (I forget the details; I've only shot pistols and shotguns there for the last few visits).

They have a range officer and a camera system, to watch the shooters from the office.

Why would they do this?

Because idiots were sending .30 bullets OVER the top of the ten-foot-tall berm of earth they used as a backstop (I think they've made it taller in recent years). People couldn't hit a friggin' barn door at 100 yards. Missing the backstop when it was as tall as a church van and a long as three tractor-trailer rigs.

Because so many people missed the backstop, some nearby homes in the background were damaged. One of them sued and won. Had the Superior Court grant an injunction closing the range for a year or more until new safety standards were met.

Now, it's open again and you have to take the "non-idiot" qualification shoot at close range each and every time you visit. They also want to verify your scope hasn't been bumped out of alignment, etc. That's why you can't just prove it to them once with one gun and then shoot 100 yards right off the bat forever after, with any other gun you show up with.

I think that's reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom