• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anybody know how to repair a plastic kayak?

h34choctaw

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
118   0
Reaction score
I got a plastic sit-on-top kayak cheap because it has a 1" widex 7" tear/hole on the lower/front of the bow from being dragged on by the previous owner. I have seen some repair methods on Youtube with various methods like heat guns, and plastic cements. Anybody here actually do a repair that they can give me some advice on? Thanks

We used to get an epoxy product at Home Depot for the express purpose of repairing plastic/fiberglass bath tubs, a common problem in rental house. Mix it, spread it on the crack, let dry and sand smooth. Worked great. Had to be a strong fix with people filling the tub with water and stepping in it, etc.

Thanks guys, time for me to get cracking on this so I can take it Lanier this weekend!!

I have patched small holes with a fine metal mesh (see drywall repair section at lowes/home depot) and a liquid rubber aresol... these of course are spots that do not support any weight.

BECAREFUL, Id recommend you show the issue to your dealer. I kayaked quite a bit in fla and saw damage done to kaykas. Your dealer should know the stress points. Get it checked out first. Be safe out there.

Back
Top Bottom