Anybody or Range got a stationary / non-movable locking pistol vise rest?

well I hoping to ELIMINATE all human error. that means eliminating the human. lol. but I wasn't aware there were individual inserts for the guns. I thought it was just some GEL / foamy / rubber material.

If the rest isn’t solid enough to preclude any and all possible movement when the gun is fired, then it won’t work.

It used to be that you couldn’t use polymer framed guns in a Ransom Rest, but they have changed that.

You’re overthinking it. A solid shooter can sight it in for you. Do you think the top competitive shooters are using a Rest, or shooting it themselves?

Off a rest I can shoot about a 1 1/2 inch group at 25 yards with a pistol that has a decent trigger and a 2 MOA red dot. If you zero to the center of a 10 round group you will be about as close as the accuracy of the pistol. To maintain that level of zero you will need to use the same lot of ammo. Even a different lot of the same ammo will be off as much as a half inch at 25 yards. You can give up on counting on different brands of ammo shooting within .5 inches of the point of aim at 25 yards.
Give us info on the pistol and we can give more specific advice.

I do not know if I am skilled enough to shoot a tight group at 25 yds with a 365. I was imagining a bigger pistol like a Glock 19 or sig p320 or bigger. It would be interesting.

E7B3A8D9-5A8A-4E95-964E-73A6D35729C6.jpeg
You don’t need a ransom rest to do that. You will probably have a shift from a rest compared to free standing anyways.

This pic is free standing with a Deltapoint pro at 25 yards.

Back
Top Bottom