Anybody recommend a dash camera? Idiot almost turned head on with me today!

MILSURP Collector

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Airborne Ranger
291   0
Reaction score
Special worst driver award goes to the idiot in the black Accura who at 7:10am thought it was a good idea while driving toward me to turn across my path on Crosstown Drive in Peachtree City to get into the Flash Foods. You have convinced me to get a dash camera because no one in court would have believed how incredibly STUPID, IDIOTIC, CRAZY, RECKLESS and DANGEROUS you were.
I hope you thank God that you were spared a visit to the ER from a head on collision. The only thing that saved your ass was the fact that as a Volunteer Firefighter I attended the Emergency Vehicle Operator course at the Public Service Training Center in Forsyth. Had I not power braked and emergency steered your car would have been smashed.
My only regret is not taking a picture of your plate to help warn other drivers.

Special worst driver award goes to the idiot in the black Accura who at 7:10am thought it was a good idea while driving toward me to turn across my path on Crosstown Drive in Peachtree City to get into the Flash Foods. You have convinced me to get a dash camera because no one in court would have believed how incredibly STUPID, IDIOTIC, CRAZY, RECKLESS and DANGEROUS you were.
I hope you thank God that you were spared a visit to the ER from a head on collision. The only thing that saved your ass was the fact that as a Volunteer Firefighter I attended the Emergency Vehicle Operator course at the Public Service Training Center in Forsyth. Had I not power braked and emergency steered your car would have been smashed.
My only regret is not taking a picture of your plate to help warn other drivers.

He was out of Grape Drank: cut him some slack.

Reactions: S&S
If you have an Androind or I Phone you can DL a dashcam app. that's what I use. I had a run in with a Fireman who thought he was a Navy Seal once and started using this the next day.

the phone idea is a good one but if your set with going with a dedicated camera I'd say go pro. tons of accessories and you can get them for a pretty decent price nowadays

COSTCO HAS THEM.
I was in there Sunday and they sell them. I forgot the price.

I've taken 2 EVOC courses. The best thing I learned was to steer away. Most people slam on the brakes and hold straight. I've had many close calls where my training took over and I steered away and was fine. Saved my butt, and maybe my life more than once. Great courses.

I received one of these http://www.pilotautomotive.com/dashcam.html as a gift. I was a little skeptical because of the price, but I have to say it works really well as a dash cam. They appear to be all over ebay as generic units really cheap. Mine came in labeled packaging, but has no branding on the unit. It stays in place and the video is plenty good enough for it's intended purpose, which is to retain evidence in an emergency. It records in 3 min increments in a loop so there is no deleting or re-formating the card. It's not a "full-feature" camera by any means, but for $25, you can leave it in your car and not feel bad about it being stolen or lost.
Maybe feel bad about the broken window though. :rolleyes:

Oh, and the "Auto on-off" only works if you have a power port that is energized on ignition. Mine stays on all the time, so I have to bump the plug in and out when I get in and out. Not a big deal though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom