Anybody working tonight???

I am working tonight but technically it is already christmas day here and they have decided to give us the gift of incoming

I remember those Christmas' thankfully I didn't have children at the time. I would have hated that. Keep your head low brother.

I am actually not in the public safety sector. I am an old pulp mill rat and proud of it. But I always tell my wife one of these days I am going to leave the mill and become a firefighter. That was always my dream as a kid. Hopefully one day it could be possible. My wife always brings me back to reality by reminding me that I have too many expensive hobbies and she has a credit card addiction. So it looks like I am stuck here for at least 40 years or so. I wonder if any fire departments will hire a 70 year old geezer. I know when I get to that age I will have to pick up a second job as there will be no social security and my pension and 401k is not likely to be enough. Maybe my dream is possible after all.

8 tonight, but that's cause it's slow. It'll be 12 tomorrow.

Anyone working tonight NOT in healthcare/EMS or some other public safety?

Ill be there next year both days I'm sure. I managed to get both days off this year. Im a nurse so I know it wont happen next year. Even though this is my only vacation time for the year. Doubt I can pull that again next year lol.

Back
Top Bottom