• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone been here?

hccastle

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
54   0
Reaction score
Weird situation, I have done plenty of research and think I have the answer, but would like to hear input from other parties, especially class 3 dealers, before I proceed.

I filed a form 4 on a suppressor several months ago. The dealer I used has since let his Class 3/SOT lapse, but is still an FFL holder. My form 4 was approved a few days ago for the suppressor, which he still has.

Can he(/the business) still transfer the suppressor to me?

Like I said, I think I know the answer but am not extremely well versed in ATF “law”. Opinions on the matter are great, citations of rule would be better. I plan to call the ATF to ask as well, but expect them to be useless as per usual.

Weird situation, I have done plenty of research and think I have the answer, but would like to hear input from other parties, especially class 3 dealers, before I proceed.

I filed a form 4 on a suppressor several months ago. The dealer I used has since let his Class 3/SOT lapse, but is still an FFL holder. My form 4 was approved a few days ago for the suppressor, which he still has.

Can he(/the business) still transfer the suppressor to me?

Like I said, I think I know the answer but am not extremely well versed in ATF “law”. Opinions on the matter are great, citations of rule would be better. I plan to call the ATF to ask as well, but expect them to be useless as per usual.
i know nothing! but it doesn’t belong to him! so wtf

I think you probably need to call someone that can give you a lawful & official answer. I almost would not rely on any answer you get off the internet unless you are very versed with the person/ site giving the info.
( I would want an official type answer , that is just me though. Your mileage may vary. )

Since the process was already started and the dealer already had an SOT when it was transferred to them: the dealer can complete the process and transfer the can to you on a 4473 with the NFA transaction box checked.

I called my IOI and he verified this.

Since the process was already started and the dealer already had an SOT when it was transferred to them: the dealer can complete the process and transfer the can to you on a 4473 with the NFA transaction box checked.

I called my IOI and he verified this.
This^, He can transfer to you 4473 no issues. It becomes more of an issue at an inspection when ATF shows up and he has a can that doesn't belong to him and shouldn't be on his books anymore. There's exceptions when the dealer has tried to contact the individual without them showing up but when its the other way around that's a no-no.

Back
Top Bottom