• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone bypassed their EVAP system? EVAP system is not needed to make your engine run and it's only purpose is to keep hippies and AOC happy..

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
I own a 2012 Yukon Denali and it has started shutting off the fuel pump while filling. I want to permanently bypass the problem which is the EVAP system with charcoal box. Anyone already done this?

$83 damn dollars for a box of charcoal! AGGGGHHH

The whole point of evap is to recover and use the vapors that would otherwise be lost. Not sure what you mean by bypass, but if you remove the charcoal filter element like above, look forward to sniffing fumes as your sitting in traffic. The systems are generally pretty simple, a couple of lines, maybe a solenoid valve or two (which often clog, are easily cleaned at no cost). Capping the system off will generate codes and probably some drivability problems since the ECU is counting on vapors from the canister.

Good luck.

If its just the box you need, you can try to take it out, shake loose what falls out readily, use compressed air to blow out the box from every orifice (without using 100 psi, use much, much less, but enough to move air). I have done this to my mustang box which was throwing evap codes due to low flow.

Back
Top Bottom