Anyone have a Rossi Circuit Judge

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
... I know, I know....

The concept of a multi shot combo long gun in 'theory' would be just the ticket for a particular need I have (vs two guns) but if it's as accurate as throwing an out of balance brick, I'll hate it. I have no problem with perceived asthetics. :)

So, if you have one, what's the good and bad about it?

I have only shot one pulled the trigger twice was wearing a T-shirt and I got powder burned. I hit what I was aiming at other then those two things I am probably not much help.

I have only shot one pulled the trigger twice was wearing a T-shirt and I got powder burned. I hit what I was aiming at other then those two things I am probably not much help.
Well THAT certainly isn't an endorsement. This was with .45LC loads I assume? Were they factory loads?

i own one, and its sa trigger is incredibly accurate. i like to introduce new shooters to the sport, bring out several common rifles and pistols for them to try out. (mini 14, mossberg 500, 10/22, ruger mark iii, ruger sr9c, walther ppk, smith bodyguard 380, fnx 45 tactical, and the rossi circuit judge) and the circuit judge has consistently been the most accurate weapon for every one. they all seem to pick it up an hit bills eyes. this has all been shooting at around a 35-50 yard concentric ring stationary target in a controlled setting. i could never sell the gun because i know it will be a great one to teach kids and grandkids on. i haven't ever noticed the above mentioned powder issue, but i can see the reality of how it could happen and be especially noticeable on a white shirt. it does have the blast shields intended on re-directing the gas upwards. but as a result it is a rather loud rifle. being a revolver platform, gas escapes the cylinder, and is again directed upwards (from the shields) where sounds resonates outwards right near your ears. i primarily use it as a sportman-ly hunting rifle, and have the wood stock version. however careful with the the wood, it now has a few scratches and is too soft to be called brazilian "hard" wood. also the wood is hyper absorbent towards water. a heavy lacker would solve both water and scratch problems, but i personally prefer to keep it factory. its factory finish is almost a waxy. you could always go the all weather version if thats an priority for ya.

Back
Top Bottom