Anyone have issues suppressing a Glock 17L?

Reaper714

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
12   0
Reaction score
I have a Tirant 45 I use as a thread on can with my pistols. I have ran this on multiple different guns. It functions flawlessly on all of them. I purchased a glock 17L and it won't cycle at all with subsonic 147 grain freedom munitions ammo.

I put a lone wolf distributor alpha wolf barrel in it. Tried the factory barrel too unsuppressed.

Having fte issues. Barely cycles the ammo without the can. Runs full power ammo great with and without the suppressor. I have used it on my glock 17, 19 and 34 with lone wolf barrels just fine.

Ordered a guide rod with a 13# and a 15# spring. See it that helps. I guess there is just a little too much weight hanging out there.

A 17L is going to be ammo sensitive. Long slide, long barrel, and then hanging a tube off the end of that really long barrel. Try some ammo with some pop behind it, preferably from a company that isn't as prone to forgetting to add powder as Freedom. Glocks don't suppress particularly well anyways.

I used the freedom stuff because I bought 4k of it last year when I was about to get my scorpion sbr and mp5 out of NFA jail. Found out the hard way that the mp5-k doesn't like the hollow points. Scorpion eats them up. So I have a bit of a stock pile of it laying around. I also did a break in period of 250 115's with and without the can just to see if that helped. it helped a little. The Glock 17L went from not ejecting at all to stove piping or jamming with the case partially ejected. I want to use that ammo so lowering the spring weight to tune it sounded like a good idea.

Regarding Freedom Arms ammunition - I too have had a problem. I have also run thousands of their rounds without issue. When I had an issue it's because they were under powered or perhaps under powdered. When I called they said something along the lines of send them back (it was going to cost me to do so) and we will send you an equal amount in return. This was not their "new" ammo, this was for their reloads. I no longer do any business with them.

A lighter spring will definitely help, I'm certain of that.

Back
Top Bottom