Anyone heard of 115gr subsonics?

No2sc2

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
37   1
Reaction score
Was talking to some guy that my email was on his company mailing list and I saw he had good pricing and I asked about subsonic and he quoted $20 for 100rds shipped. I then asked him are those the 147gr subsonic and he replied:

"i was giving you a price on 115 gr subsonic.... when you slow the bullet down their is no reason to go with a heavy bullet!!

you will lose penetration with a slow round!!"

So is this guy for real or he don't kno what subsonics are... Wouldn't that cause cycling issues?

There is a possibility of causing cycling issues ... 115 going 1050fps .... thats .... not absolutely unheard of ... but I wouldnt think that it would be easy to do.

At a fixed velocity, there's always a good reason to use a heavier bullet.
115 gr @ 1050 fps = 281 ft/lbs
124 gr @ 1050 fps = 304 ft/lbs
147 gr @ 1050 fps = 360 ft/lbs

At a fixed velocity, there's always a good reason to use a heavier bullet.
115 gr @ 1050 fps = 281 ft/lbs
124 gr @ 1050 fps = 304 ft/lbs
147 gr @ 1050 fps = 360 ft/lbs

Oh yeah but most suppress shooting is for giggles. I don't think anyone ever use for self defense but I could be wrong. I guess numbers don't matter as long as they cycle and do decent accuracy. The 147gr eagles are accurate for like 20ft, anything farther is hit or miss hahahaj.

Oh yeah but most suppress shooting is for giggles. I don't think anyone ever use for self defense but I could be wrong. I guess numbers don't matter as long as they cycle and do decent accuracy. The 147gr eagles are accurate for like 20ft, anything farther is hit or miss hahahaj.
I would want something with more energy if for no other reason than to ensure reliable cycling. Hard hitting is a definite bonus too.

Back
Top Bottom