• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone here install windshields?

Insurance generally only covers glass replacement if you have the coverage on your policy. Many insurers will cover repair at no charge, just depends on the company.

I highly recommend glass coverage to my clients. Glass deductibles range from $50-100 or so.

I've got an old truck so the auto store doesn't carry replacement rubber. My only option that I'm aware of is trying a junk yard. I thought about calling again with a fake request of a windshield for a very expensive car then telling them to **** off when they arrive
have you tried Steele rubber products…

My son needs a new windshield in his Honda, a rock hit and there's a crack all the way across the windshield. He's a poor Paramedic and isn't able to make ends meet as it is... he was quoted over $1000 for a new windshield.
He's in McDonough, any advice is welcome.

Wayne Dial Autoglass (678) 858-6003. Mobile repair out of Carrollton area. Great guy, I haven’t found anyone to beat his prices…….. previous LEO & gun advocate……..

I found out that Safelight is highly negotiable.

I've told them that I can get it done for XXXX ( a figure I made up, but in the ballpark) and they have matched it. Done it a couple of times.

IMO carrying comprehensive for glass breakage, depending on the vehicle, is a toss up. Balance the increased premium for the coverage, the ding on your insurance, against the $200 - 300 replacement cost, less deductible.

If it's a really high dollar replacement, insurance might pay off, so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom