• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here install windshields?

I found out that Safelight is highly negotiable.

I've told them that I can get it done for XXXX ( a figure I made up, but in the ballpark) and they have matched it. Done it a couple of times.

IMO carrying comprehensive for glass breakage, depending on the vehicle, is a toss up. Balance the increased premium for the coverage, the ding on your insurance, against the $200 - 300 replacement cost, less deductible.

If it's a really high dollar replacement, insurance might pay off, so to speak.
Most of the new stuff now has A.D.A.S and can get quite expensive... run a lower deductible on just your comprehensive... also friends don't let friends use SAFELITE... they are most definitely the worst you can use outside of a meth head..🤣

My experience with Safelight over several years and several vehicles has been very positive.
That's good! but consider yourself very lucky.. trust me I have been in this business 23 years and could tell you some stories... let's just say they are the only glass company that I know of that has totaled a car while doing a windshield... 3 different ones (that's just the ones I know of)...

My experience with Safelight over several years and several vehicles has been very positive.
That's good! but consider yourself very lucky.. trust me I have been in this business 23 years and could tell you some stories... let's just say they are the only glass company that I know of that has totaled a car while doing a windshield... 3 different ones (that's just the ones I know of)...

Back
Top Bottom