• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone know outdoor shooting locations?

If you are traveling from the Roswell area then Wilson Shoals is probably a little closer than Chestnut Mountain and certainly a better facility. More shooting lanes better grounds, range officers etc. and none of the occasional yahoos that visit Chestnut Mountain and do stupid things with shotguns (check out the youtube videos).
Haha will do. Ok so the consensus is suck it up and drive to Wilson Shoals/national forest or hit the lotto and buy 20 acres in Alpharetta.

Pretty crazy how there isn't even an outdoor range near this area.

Thanks for the help guys.

I’m in East Cobb just west of Roswell. Anyone know a good place to shoot outdoors? Preferably open land and not an outdoor range but that would work too. I know the national forest has this, but that’s almost 1.5 hours away so ideally somewhere closer.

Looking for places to set up steel targets to plink around.

TIA

Great guy that owns & runs the range. I used to go up there quite a bit back around 2008 / 09 when he first opened. It started as a public range but he switched to a private membership. There's a plinking range, 100 yr rifle. great skeet and a bunch of pistol bays.

I know of 2 places. One in Villa Rica and one in Aragon, GA. Check MAPS and see how far you are from those areas. If that's feasible, I'll send you the contact info.
Thanks for the help. They are both almost the same distance, with Villa Rica being a little quicker because of the highways. Can’t hurt to send both.

Back
Top Bottom