• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone know what happened to Mr.Pawn in Lilburn?

kwelhand

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
196   0
Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened to Mr.PAWN in Lilburn?
I did many transfers with this place for years, but it seems like no one answered the phone.
The owner was always helpful and fee was also very reasonable.
I stopped by today and still closed with no sign on the front door either.

1E32CDA8-5A3A-4C7D-8005-71A21D310AC6.jpeg

I am a pawn shop junkie.
I rarely pass one without stopping unless I'm running late to be somewhere.
Most of the time it's a quick walk through and out in under 5 minutes if I don't buy anything.
But there is one exception.
Mr. Pawn on Lawrenceville Highway in Lilburn. I've been going there for 25+ years and it's the only shop where I would just hang out and talk to the owner about music gear and in recent years, firearms and ammo. He became more of a friend than just another pawn shop owner. If he got a nice guitar or gun in, he would bring it out to show me, even if it wasn't for sale and if I found something special somewhere else I would bring it in to show it to him. I would share my knowledge and experience with music gear and he would share his in the field of firearms. I have spent countless hours there over a quarter of a century.
For the past week I have stopped by to see him and show him a new purchase I had made but his shop was not open. The last time I went by there was an email posted on the front door. I sent a message that I thought would go to him. Instead, I got a reply from his wife explaining that Chris had died in his sleep on the 6th of February. I will miss him and our conversations dearly.
R.I.P., Chris Stephens
Way to go Chris! Gone but not forgotten!

Been out of town all year after burying my mother up in ohio. stopped by Mr Pawn to visit Chris. Just got caught up on losing another good friend. Only 54, wife and two kids.
Take care guys and love yours as hard as you can. Its a fragile life.

At the time of this post the entire shop seems to be cleared and the store sign down. I was wondering what happened to Mr.Pawn and ODT seemed to be on top of it. Im not really a pawn shop guy but did do a few transfers here and purchased a few guns from him even tho the prices were higher than normal. The prices were not over priced but more like MSRP on a used item. I did find a few good deals here on interesting items. I do know he had alot more guns in the back you just had to ask for them. He really didnt seem to like showing off any of his inventory due to tire kickers. Which I understand, so I never asked to see anything I wasnt serious about. He seemed to be a one man show and I respected him for it. I am going to miss this guy even tho, he didnt seem very friendly to me personally but I respected he was always there and was a fair man on the FFL transfers.

Back
Top Bottom