• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone NOT like the Magpul B.A.D. Lever on their AR?

Only one thing should be in a trigger guard. While I am typically a fan of Magpul, the BAD is fanboyism answering a question that was never asked.

As to the BCM gunfighter handle? :noidea: take it or leave it.

The point of a bad lever is to drop the bolt without moving your trigger finger. How hard is it to insert a mag and then slap the bolt release with your palm? And I've never had a hard time pulling a charging handle, don't know why you need a badger lever.

I have one, use it for two reasons. Makes looking the bolt back less awkward at the end of a stage....And if we start with an empty chamber, mag in. Makes it easy to do the bolt as you are shouldering the gun and be ready to fire as soon as sights are on target.

I've never had a hard time pulling a charging handle, don't know why you need a badger lever.
Ever tried to charge it with your offhand with an optic? That extra real estate makes it hard to miss with your palm. But you are right...OEM charging handles get the job done.

Only issues I have seen is that for some the lever can induce failure for the bolt to lock back on the last round. Now this could be do to added weight or the spring working the latch being worn, but it is a known issue for some.
I personally have used them for a while, like them on malfunction drills and locking the bolt back. For reloads I will use it sometimes, other times I revert to just slapping the release.

The BCM Gun fighter CH is one of the single best upgrades you can make to an AR. Well made, priced right and makes one handed manipulations easier. IMHO, it's worth the coin.

The BAD lever, I've never really seen the need for it, sort of like the AFG. Good ideas that don't really work well in real life. I've seen numerous reports of the BAD causing failures to lock back as well.

Thinking about getting one in addition to a gunfighter charging handle.

I just can't see why either of these items could be a bad thing, but I'm just wondering if there is anyone who has anything negative to say about the B.A.D. Lever.

I use both although the bad lever doesn't get used much. Might end up selling it off. The gunfighter charging handle is a goodness.

Back
Top Bottom