Anyone paint their Mossberg 500?

I used that same stuff in OD green to paint my Mosin stock last year. I like the flat finish of it but it scratched very easily. Although I now believe that was due to the wood. It seems to be very soft and dings much easier than I remember from other Mosins.
Yeah I've had that finish on my 7.5" for at least 2 years now? Probably 5k through it and carried often. This is it today.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Wear in all the right places. She'll be getting a new coat soon I'm just dragging a** bc I don't wanna strip it all off but it's time for that. Two to Three years of hard use? Not too shabby. I also noticed it had some 50/50 results on wood. But aluminum degreased g2g:thumb:

• Use garnet media and sand blast the areas you want painted, then thoroughly degrease and bring up temp to 125 degrees, or so. Shoot it with Norrells moly resin and bake for an hour. It will look brand new, and the finish will be as tough as OEM.

Or take Fatalbert up on his offer, he is local to you and will likely be the most cost effective option.

Yeah I've had that finish on my 7.5" for at least 2 years now? Probably 5k through it and carried often. This is it today.
View attachment 1229441 View attachment 1229445
Wear in all the right places. She'll be getting a new coat soon I'm just dragging a** bc I don't wanna strip it all off but it's time for that. Two to Three years of hard use? Not too shabby. I also noticed it had some 50/50 results on wood. But aluminum degreased g2g:thumb:
Still looks pretty good from here. And since nobody bought my project Mosin I guess I gotta strip it down again and start over. I think I'll just go with the tung oil or whatever you call it next time.

Still looks pretty good from here. And since nobody bought my project Mosin I guess I gotta strip it down again and start over. I think I'll just go with the tung oil or whatever you call it next time.
Try looking at BLO if you strip it all the way down I really liked my boiled linseed oil finish on my 500, tung oil is good stuff too though.

Thank you Sir. The shotgun was in rough shape cosmetically, but it's a 500, you know? I did the small parts and heat shield (Mossberg steel) in black satin, the receiver, mag tube, and barrel in a gray, can't remember the shade. Hung it up and air brushed everything. Since the photo, I put the "tactical" fore end with strap back on, and a big Tru Glo green dot front sight.
Dan

Back
Top Bottom