• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone see this Car in Wall at W Hotel?

Suicide doesn't sound right. How did they know? Probably a heart attack or stroke killed him, not the wall. I don't see how crashing into a cinderblock wall could be fatal. Beat you up, but not kill ya.

If it is a load-bearing wall it is reinforced. The cells in the block contain rebar and concrete is then poured into the cells. Not quite as easy to breach as a residential block wall. I used to build both for 20 years.

If it had been reinforced load bearing wall there wouldn't have been a loony-toons silhouette of the car in the wall, its would have been distorted. Heck, that little VW probably wouldn't have even penetrated it, just smushed up against it.

the guy probably had a heart attack or stroke, my grandfather had a uncle that died because he had a heart attack while driving and crashed into a semi-truck going the other direction. when your driving a car if you have any medical emergency suddenly it gets magnified by the obstacles around the car

Suicide by Kool-Aid

kool aid.jpg

Load bearing doesn't mean solid, just reinforced. Concrete is poured every 4 feet in a vertical column by code. Most cars will strike only one or 2 of the reinforced cells The reason the wall is resembling a cutout of the car is because of he way that the block break and the fact that it was impacted at a pretty good rate of speed. They usually go through with a nice, clean cutout. Hit a cinder block with a hammer and it leaves a circular hole. They're
Very brittle. Very unfortunate for the driver if it wasn't really suicide.

But the reinforcement rebar and concrete would pull surrounding blocks out of position, cause cracks etc. That looks like a filler wall to me. The car actually got stopped by smushing all those equipment boxes up against the solid concrete wall inside the room.

Very true. My point being I don't see how that could have been a fatal head on collision. The car and airbags should have easily taken the energy unless he hit far harder/faster than the pics here imply...

Back
Top Bottom