• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AR 15 help ...

Dan.D

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
I have a SW AR15 that when bringing a round in from the magazine the bold when close all the way and therefore won't fire.
You can jam it forward and get it to close but during operation it won't close. When there is no round the bolt closes completely. Only fails to close with a round in it. I have put probably 2000 rounds through it but always take it apart and clean it well.
I use decent 'federal" ammo. Never use wolf or other steal rounds. The mags are all magpul and in decent shape.

I know the basics about how to strip it down and clean it and replace some basic worn out parts if needed but am not very educated in the advanced maintenance. So.. Keep it simple !

If you bolt is moving like it should in the carrier, I would get a chamber brush and clean the crap out of the lugs and chamber first. You might just have some build up or trash that you don't see. You might also check and see if the gas tube is binding/hitting on the BCG when you have it apart. Look for abnormal end or wear on gas tube. I would also check the bolt and make sure that the extractor and ejector are working correctly. They are easy to remove with a small punch and check out.

Like Allsmiles said I would check for fouling or debris. Is it one round in particular doing it or a few different rounds?

Oh, also, is the Ammo from the same lot as the stuff you've been shooting? The COAL may be off.

Back
Top Bottom