• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR-15 Hydraulic Recoil buffers?

Captain Kaboom

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
28   0
Reaction score
Hi all,
So I am working at trying to stay better on target for follow on shots. I've been looking at hydraulic recoil buffers to see if they might help keep me from moving off target. Does anyone have any experience with these? Are they worth the investment for carbines/rifles?

Thanks!

Your money would be better spent on a really good comensator. The Lantac Dragon is supposed to have zero muzzle rise so they claim. I haven't had any experience with them. I am sure if you started a thread about it you would get a lot of guys that have tried it. They claim the 308 version tames it down to a .223 recoil. I have seen the videos and read the reviews and it seems to be legit. Look into it and do some research. It's not cheap but it might just be what you need.

Hi all,
So I am working at trying to stay better on target for follow on shots. I've been looking at hydraulic recoil buffers to see if they might help keep me from moving off target. Does anyone have any experience with these? Are they worth the investment for carbines/rifles?

Thanks!
As several have said, a good muzzle brake will help quite a bit. I have a PWS FSC556 on my AR which noticeably helps. However, your partners on either side of you at the range will hate you due to the side blast.

Heck, now even *I* hate me after firing a couple of shots while hog hunting without ear protection!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

As well as a muzzle brake. Look at an adjustable gas block. When you look at the recoil cycle, cutting down the amount of gas throwing everything backwards is an important step in keeping your front sight on target.

An unregulated gas block throws everything backwards and everything works. But just how much gas do you actually need to just barely cycle the bolt? Plus a hair more to make sure it stays locked open on the last round.

Without the buffer slamming the spring fully compressed and all those additional forces working against your shoulder. Its a whole lot easier to keep the business end where you like it.

Back
Top Bottom