AR-15 Mags

PMags are what I use. They work much better than USGI metal mags when loaded and stored with 30 rounds, are very rugged and reliable, and can be had for under $10.

I haven’t seen metal feed lips to be an improvement or a detriment over the polymer feed lips of the PMAG, except when it comes to being dropped. The polymer feed lips of the PMag will flex and not crack. I’ve seen metal AR mags, and polymer AR mags with metal feed lips, take damage when dropped on a hard surface and landing on the feed lips. The feed lips can become bent and won’t feed properly.

Lancers have a more universal fit. I like them best.
They work in Cetme L, whereas Pmags do not sit in Cetme.
Aluminum GI: Surefire, OKay, PSA's D&H, Brownells.
I like South Korean steel mags better than steel HK mags. Poly non-tilt follower in SK mags.

I own Lancers and Pmags. Sand (near white) Pmags are the strongest magazine that Magpul makes. The Lancers fit better IMO in most magwells and I like the metal lips but they will bend more easily and rounds fall out easier when the mag is dropped on a hard surface. Pmags are DESIGNED to fail completely unlike a metal mag that will wear or become deformed without you knowing until failure is reached. With a PMAG it's either broken or it works and that how the DOD wants it. I like both Lancer and Pmags and I run my Surefeeds just to be cool sometimes but they don't seem to like .300 BLK, but they do drop so nice and free.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom