• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AR15 Belt Mag Pouch, bullets forward or back?

Placeing the mags bottoms up (brass to the grass) with the bullets facing to the rear is the method I prefer. I grasp the magazine so that my knuckles are away from my body. This allows you to grab the mag the same way regardless of position (7 or 11 o'clock). You don't really want to change/adjust your grip on the mag in order to insert it into the mag well. Grab it like a beer can and slam it home, give a slight tug to ensure its seated and carry on.

The "beer can" grip is quite popular, more so if you have been watching the Magpul DVDs in my experience. Something to consider if you are looking for good mag pouches for fast reloads are the eagle fast mags pouches, if you are close to coweta county, the AR Bunker had several of the pouches in tan or khaki (can't remember) last time I was there for $15 a piece, a good deal since most places want $30 a piece for them.

Also as Remmy83 said, it is wise to make sure the mag seat with a tug, I have seen a lot of mags bounce off the ground, in both pistol and rifle, because they were not seated completely.

"make sure the mag seat with a tug, I have seen a lot of mags bounce off the ground, in both pistol and rifle, because they were not seated completely."

See it all the time on the range, usually because mags. are loaded to max. spring compression & require perfect technique & maximum strength to seat...very hard to do under stress & apparently under range conditions too.
Bullets facing rear by the way.

Back
Top Bottom