• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AR15 Magazines made by H&K

I had a couple of those a few years ago, paid $30 each for them. I still have one running. I threw the other one into the woodline while at thr range one day as far as my arm strength would allow after the feed lips crapped the bed. They don't do anything an aluminium mag can't do. I would trade the one I have left for a GI mag in a minute. All steel, German stamping, metal anti tilt follower, a less aggressive curve that is supposed to enhance feeding....none of that is worth the premium these once commanded to me.

HK 416 mags run between 50-70$ on a regular day before the crazy ... only an insane person would spend $50-70 on something that isn't any more reliable or effective than a $10 anti-tilt GI mag

How come I never see any HK AR15 Magazines on ODT? Are they that rare or even that good? Please let me know your thoughts.

I had a couple of those a few years ago, paid $30 each for them. I still have one running. I threw the other one into the woodline while at thr range one day as far as my arm strength would allow after the feed lips crapped the bed. They don't do anything an aluminium mag can't do. I would trade the one I have left for a GI mag in a minute. All steel, German stamping, metal anti tilt follower, a less aggressive curve that is supposed to enhance feeding....none of that is worth the premium these once commanded to me.

More or less the nail on the head there. They are neat, like them from a collector perspective, or if you are an H&K nerd. Personally I never liked the fact that they weigh significantly more then USGI or Pmags and don't offer any advantage.

HK 416 mags run between 50-70$ on a regular day before the crazy ... only an insane person would spend $50-70 on something that isn't any more reliable or effective than a $10 anti-tilt GI mag

I like them because I never had bent feed lip problems. I had mine stored for a long time. Only problem I had were the GI mags. Plus when they hit the ground, they held up better. Plus I like the finish on them. Plus they say "hk" on them. call me insane! :wacko:

Where do I send the GI mag?

Back
Top Bottom