Are these good deals on AKs?

Do you guys know if these would accept all types of AK mags with out mods and also a drum if I could source one. It seems that way but I hear about people converting the AK format sometimes. Is that for saigas only? Are they also pretty reliable in regards to life of the weapon if cleaned properly after use? Even if shooting a lot of steel cased?

Would you suggest trying to find a milled AK down the road once prices get back inline to what they used to be? Maybe a Romanian, Bulgarian, or Polish? I really like the look of the tradition wood furniture types.

Do you guys know if these would accept all types of AK mags with out mods and also a drum if I could source one. It seems that way but I hear about people converting the AK format sometimes. Is that for saigas only? Are they also pretty reliable in regards to life of the weapon if cleaned properly after use? Even if shooting a lot of steel cased?

Would you suggest trying to find a milled AK down the road once prices get back inline to what they used to be? Maybe a Romanian, Bulgarian, or Polish? I really like the look of the tradition wood furniture types.

I am assuming you are talking about the OPap. Yes it will work with traditional mags and drums. The OPap is just about as heavy as a milled receiver, and it does not take standard AK furniture in case you want to swap out the wood. Regarding stamped vs milled, the milled is heavier, but there are no reliability differences between the two. Some people will find a milled more desirable from a collector's standpoint, but I would choose the stamped for lighter weight. All AKs tend to be reliable, although you can always get a lemon, and they are made to eat steel ammo. Clean when you wish. And the AK conversion applies to the Saiga.

Back
Top Bottom