• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Astrophotography

Wow, those look great. I love when watching college football night games and they show a shot of the moon with their cameras, the detail they get with their equipment is amazing.

Space has always fascinated me. Can you send us a pic of your telescope setup?

This is what I use for picture taking. Nikon D5300 DSLR with H-Alpha mod by Lifepixel, Zenithstar 61 scope by Williams Optics, and it is all mounted to an iOptron tracker. Most of my picture taking consists of 60 second exposures, 60 pictures taken of a single object, and around 30-40 dark and light referrence frames. I then stack those 100+ photos in a stacking program to enhance quality and details to yield a single image. The tracker aligns to Polaris (North star) through the hole in the middle and the motor is calibrated to rotate the same rate as the Earth, to keep the object stationary for extended exposures.

upload_2018-9-21_22-37-48.jpeg

do u sell them ?

No, it's just a hobby.

Where are you taking them from. The city lights always brighten up my views

Im about two miles out of Baxley, SE GA. Pretty dark skies, I get behind my shop to avoid street lights in my yard. Baxley's light pollution foot print is considerably smaller than the Atlanta area or other large cities

Back
Top Bottom