• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Atomic Bomb: Building, Testing, and Loading to Enola Gay

Very cool!

Looks like uniforms have changed alot since then.

Evidently, back then, you could show up for duty half naked and scribble your name all over state of the art military weapons. LMFAO!

Last edited:
I wonder if they knew beforehand what they were really doing? It makes ya wonder. I imagine that it haunted many of them until the day they died.

I wonder if they knew beforehand what they were really doing? It makes ya wonder. I imagine that it haunted many of them until the day they died.
Good question. I know that those guys did what they had to do, and I am DAMN GLAD that they did, but I think it would be a hard thing to live with.

Good question. I know that those guys did what they had to do, and I am DAMN GLAD that they did, but I think it would be a hard thing to live with.

Yeah, hard to say. We lost so many young men taking all those islands, and were on the verge of of losing many more taking the home island. I think most civilians were fanatical. I saw a British documentary last year about the final days. Civilians, including women and very small children, were training with home made spears or any kind of weapon they could improvise. Dogs were being trained as suicide bombers for taking out tanks. I think most of the population would have gladly fought to the death. We were about to take more losses than we had seen previously.

I guess if you had seen the carnage and lost buddies, it wasn't so haunting. Still, they are sobering photos.

Last edited:
Weird how they drove the dolly over the pit
Raised it. Then spin it 90* and lower it

Cool pics and everyone forgets about the name of the second plane

Back
Top Bottom