ODT Junkie!
296   0
Reaction score
Downtown ballground 1890. Love the four legged vehicles

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1700070102709.jpg
    FB_IMG_1700070102709.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 102
I went through there earlier today, the old school hometown feel is about to diminish there too. The Yankees are coming...

Yeah, it's kinda sad. And I say that as a kind-of Yankee myself.

1711737883527.png
1711738158972.png

There really isn't much that can be done to 'upgrade' Downtown though. I dread to think how it'll be when all those condos up on Old Dawsonville Road are inhabited, and where the hell are they going to go to buy food?

Those rent only condos are going to kill it, soon it will be food they miss from home that replaces the older restaurants, widening the roads etc.. Frankfurts may last.
Time to stand up at county meetings, but most of the time they are almost empty so **** gets passed through with very little opposition.

Those rent only condos are going to kill it, soon it will be food they miss from home that replaces the older restaurants, widening the roads etc.. Frankfurts may last.
Time to stand up at county meetings, but most of the time they are almost empty so **** gets passed through with very little opposition.

The existing residents can't win. The cross town traffic of kids from the new condos and the development to the east above the condos will jam up all the approach roads to the school, with no way of upgrading the roads to handle the increased needs. The developments spreading down the Canton Hwy will contribute too, if they ever get that Marble Tree development completed.

I hate to crap on a business that seems to really want to succeed, but the change in ownership of Le Bon Temps is a prediction of the future of most dining and hospitality in Ball Ground. I was really sad to see the old management (and the quality of the fare) sell out and move on.

Back
Top Bottom