• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

ATV engine repair needed asap!

Bulljacket

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
My son's chain popped off his 2007 Arctic Cat DVX 400 and broke a piece of the crankcase housing. He has tried JB Weld and it stopped the oil leak, but when it gets hot it starts again. I've checked online and it looks like someone with experience in welding can repair the area. Using aluminum or something I'm not too sure, but it can be fixed that way. Below is a picture of the area and if any of you welders can repair this please let me know asap. Thanks

Crankcase.png

Yep cast aluminum, find someone that tig welds.V it, clean it, weld it should be GTG.If you was closer I could take care of it

That's what I've heard. I've even found others with the same damaged area that's been repaired by a good welder. I posted hoping one of the three welders listed on here would get back to me, but so far none have. Might be I have to load that thing up sometime and bring it to you. Thanks friend!

I am in Tucker and can weld it up for you if you brought it to me apart. The way to do it right is to get at it from both sides with the cleaning prep and welding to insure no leaks and a solid weld.

Back
Top Bottom