• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

August 2nd crystal ball!

Stuckon22

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Look a Man Straight in His Hairy Eyeball!
238   0
Reaction score
On Tuesday the POTUS has no choice but chasten his kids in congress and declare the 14th amendent supposedly giving him the power to raise the debt limit alone. It will be one more step for the"king"("rule from day one"-Obama said) and one lessening of the power of the representatives of the people. He has too much pride to not do this.

on tuesday the potus has no choice but chasten his kids in congress and declare the 14th amendent supposedly giving him the power to raise the debt limit alone. It will be one more step for the"king"("rule from day one"-obama said) and one lessening of the power of the representatives of the people. He has too much pride to not do this.

100% agree

Have no idea, democrats said he ought to do it and when asked himself in the press conference he said his "lawyers" were not completely sure him doing this would be defensible, but he was "tempted".

Maybe he was using his "bully pulpit: but i guarantee you that he wants to be re-elected badly and if he can do this and not get impeached he will. Just like the libya action with out congressional approval.

Here is what I found on the 14th amendment. http://topics.law.cornell.edu/constitution/amendmentxiv
Unless I'm reading it wrong I don't see anything in there that gives him the constitutional right to act alone on this matter.

See here:

Section 4.

The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any state shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

This section of the 14th can be construed as follows if you really squint your eyes and dim the lights while reading it:

- If America defaults on our national debt, it would call into question the validity of our economy
- The president of the united states swore under oath to defend the constitution, including the 14th amendment
- Since the president swore to protect the constitution, and the 14th amendment, he therefore has to protect the public debt from questioning
- As it is up to him to put to rest any questions about the validity of our public debt, he has the power to raise the debt ceiling in order to put these questions to rest

It is total crap, and a gross misconstruing of the amendment as I read it, but hey he is the King right? he does what he wants. Just dont tell the King that a pesky fifth section exists in the amendnemt:

Section 5.

The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

Oops!!

See here:

This section of the 14th can be construed as follows if you really squint your eyes and dim the lights while reading it:

- If America defaults on our national debt, it would call into question the validity of our economy
- The president of the united states swore under oath to defend the constitution, including the 14th amendment
- Since the president swore to protect the constitution, and the 14th amendment, he therefore has to protect the public debt from questioning
- As it is up to him to put to rest any questions about the validity of our public debt, he has the power to raise the debt ceiling in order to put these questions to rest

It is total crap, and a gross misconstruing of the amendment as I read it, but hey he is the King right? he does what he wants. Just dont tell the King that a pesky fifth section exists in the amendnemt:

Oops!!
I guess that is why he said it would not be completely defensible. The other thing is the "I" and"My" attorneys. Black, blue, red. or white, this gent needs some humility with strength if he truly wants to lead. I perceive that he loves "Obama" more than anyone else.

In the name of "national security" any sitting Presidents power is vertually unlimited on any issue, so don't be surprised if he does'nt try some form of trickery.

That's what I'm thinking. All presidents have people that look into the constitution to see if he can grab power anywhere he can in any situation. That's how it grew to be the monster of a position that it is. To me all of the real power in our government should lie with congress according to the constitution.

Back
Top Bottom