• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Australian outback ammo

LongGun87

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
22   0
Reaction score
Was wondering if any other shooters have shot the Australian outback ammo? Was looking to shoot it out of my Remington 700P 26" 1:9 twist. They have 69gr sierra match king rounds for 11$/ box of 20. Significantly cheaper than some other brands. YouTube reviews seem good, just looking for any real time reviews? Thanks!

You get what you pay for when it comes to match ammo.

That bullet is only meant for accuracy not hunting, so I assume you want it for tight groups? Buying a press and loading your own match grade ammo will save you money and pay dividends when it comes to accuracy shooting even if you only do it for one caliber.

Just my 2cents I never have used or even heard of that ammo so I am really no help for you initial question.

Precision and inexpensive rounds, for competition only apply to self loading. Reloading is the only way
to achieve the result you are looking for..In competition that is. You are in control of all of the process, for the desired result..And believe me this cannot be achieved over night.

Yeah I agree, and thanks! I was just curious if anyone had shot this yet. I do plan on getting into sole reloading, I just haven't looked at getting what I need and trying my hand at it

Everything I've heard about the AO .308 match loads has been positive, but I can't comment on the .233/5.56 loads.

Back
Top Bottom