• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Automotive extended warranties

Ford Ecoboost = You better buy the extended warranty.
Absolutely. People warned me and I was one of those nah they fixed these problems in the earlier models types. Found out the hard way. Service manager told me once those things get closer to 100k the real fun starts with cam phaser sensors, etc. I went back to N/A engine after I sold it.

As someone who deals with extended warranties, both factory and aftermarket ,on a daily basis. I can tell you they are not all created equal, I can also tell you that not all dealers are created equal and some are very crooked. As in any thing the consumer needs to read the fine print and ask the right questions, A good warranty should cost $1700 to $6500 depending on coverage. If it costs $1,000 or less generally speaking its not worth the paper its printed on.

Absolutely. People warned me and I was one of those nah they fixed these problems in the earlier models types. Found out the hard way. Service manager told me once those things get closer to 100k the real fun starts with cam phaser sensors, etc. I went back to N/A engine after I sold it.
Anything Eco-boost that we get with more than 95k on the odometer goes straight to auction or wholesale. They are not worth the trouble.

Back
Top Bottom