• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ballistics comparison information site

Bryan

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
184   0
Reaction score
Ballistics by the inch just made my life easier. I often have questions about how calibers compare. It took a lot of looking to find a comparison of like ammo in like length barrels. No more http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/

Because of info there I am seriously considering switching .38 Spl to 9mm. In CC length barrels 9 looks better.

FWIW:

Apparently, the U.S. Army didn't consider either 9 mm or .38 Special adequate in terms of "stopping power" and that's why they chose the .45 ACP
This at the turn of the century! Recently, within the past decade or so, the FBI reached the same conclusion about the 9 mm; resulting in the adoption of
the ,40 S&W cartridge.

However, the debate of 9 mm verses .38 Special rages on 'til this very day.

My advice: get whichever you like ... bullet placement is always the deciding factor in a gunfight.
If you can't hit them, or don't have a weapon because it is too bulky to carry: you loose!

Plus when those test were done we did not have the new bullets that are able to expand from shorter barrels. If I were to carry a full size pistol of course .45acp. snubbie in my pocket I plan to go 9mm. That is if I can figure out how to carry a spare moon clip.

Back
Top Bottom