• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Banned at local restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockyfatcat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
31   0
Reaction score
So I have been eating at the same place for dinner for a while. A franchise store.

They have a habit of saying "welcome to *******'s" when you come in the door.

So last week I sat down to eat and I get a phone call. it's a call I had been hoping to get for several weeks. So I push the food aside and concentrate on this important call.

The store got busier and I had been involved in the call uninterrupted for about a half an hour when a new worker came on duty.

When he did the 'welcome' it was operatic, baritone, and obnoxiously loud performance. To which I gave him the "hey buddy!, do ya mind, I'm on the phone."

After he repeated the performance a couple times. I interrupted him again with something similar. not rude, not profane.

I have subsequently been informed that:
1. shouting a the staff is never appropriate
2. I am not welcome to be served at either of the 2 stores that these owners have franchises.

I am considering my options. What would you do?

Right now I am composing a letter to be sent certified mail to the CEO of the outfit that sells the franchises.

Were these restaurant workers saying welcome to their restaurant to you or they greeting other new customers that just came in ?

I think you are wrong to expect the workers to keep their voices quiet while you're on the phone for half of freaking hour in a public restaurant.
It's a restaurant not an office, not YOUR office!

Patrons may expect to have conversations there, but not long and important phone calls. Whether somebody is on the phone or talking face to face with somebody else, you cannot expect other people to be quiet around you while you have your conversation.

That being said, just because you took the wrong position in a disagreement with the restaurant staff doesn't mean you should be banned. I think they overreacted. Unless there's more to the story that you are telling us.

If you're confident that they overreacted in banning you, then yes you should write to the owner of the company that does the franchising. You should write to the owner of that particular franchise. The owner, not the manager, and not addressed to that particular restaurant street address. Write a complaint to the actual owner. If the owner is a corporation, write to it at its designated address listed in the Secretary of State's corporate directory.

You could also get involved in social media. Call them out on Facebook, and Twitter, and write up your experience with a rating on Yelp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom