• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Metro Atlanta  Basic Precision Rifle Course: May 15, 2011

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
Reaction score
I am a former United States Marine Corps Scout/Sniper. In addition to being a Scout/Sniper, I also served tours as a Small Arms Instructor, Marine Security Guard and Range NCOIC of the Stone Bay Pistol Range, the main and largest pistol range of Camp Lejeune, NC. I was a Jungle Patrol Leader for the Marine Barracks, Subic Bay, Republic of the Philippines and shot competitively for the 2nd Bn 8th Marines Rifle/Pistol Team. I was a Scout/Sniper Team Leader in Operation Restore Hope, Mogadishu, Somalia.

I trained with American military units such as FAST Co, Marine Force Recon, ANGLICO, US Navy SEALs, and the US Army Rangers. I also trained with numerous foreign military units, including 2e Etranger 1e Compagnie of the French Foreign Legion, the British Royal Marines, Canadian Airborne, Royal Dutch Marines, Philippine Marines, Russian Naval Infantry and the ROK Marines.

I hold Instructor certifications from various government and private entities for Sniper/CounterSniper/Precision Rifle, Carbine, Shotgun, Pistol, SMG, Less Lethal, Use of Force and Tactics. I have been a Sniper and Sniper Instructor for over 20 years. I am also a Remington 700 Armorer.

Usually, my Precision Rifle/Sniper Classes are held on a one-on-one basis, or in small groups of 3 or less.

I will be teaching a 1-day Basic Precision Rifle class in the College Park area on May 15, 2011.

Cost will be $150 per person, due NLT than April 15. I will be limiting the class to 20 students. Course fee is non-refundable, although I will move you to a future class if you can't make this one.

Topics covered will include (but aren't limited to):
•Selection, care and maintenance of the entire system (rifle, scope, rings, mounts, ammunition, bipod, cases, etc.). This includes a comprehensive disassembly and other Armorer's tips.
•Marksmanship basics
•Use of a mil-based or other ranging reticle for ranging unknown distance targets
•Ballistics (internal, external and terminal)
•Use of optics (including adjustments and all other functions)
•Multiple target engagement
Use of data book
Zeroing
CCB/CHB/HFB

Gear list will include:

•Rifle capable of 1MOA. Bolt actions and semi-automatics are both welcome
•Quality optics. The following features are mandatory on the optic:
1.Finger adjustable turrets with audible/tactile “clicks”, MOA or mil are fine
2.Ranging reticle, mil or MOA based are both acceptable
•Ammunition, 100 rounds. Ammunition must be "match grade" from a reputable manufacturer, or known handloads of equal or better accuracy
•Data book w/ calculator
•Rifle-mounted bipod, or front rest
•Sling
•Rear bag(s) (optional)
•Shooting mat (optional)
•Minimum 5 “dummy” rounds (optional)
•Spotting scope (optional)
•Eye and ear protection
•Clothes and footwear appropriate to the weather. If it rains, we train, as long as there is no thunder/lightning.
•If you are military/LE, it is preferred that you use your duty gear, body armor and other ancillary equipment that you will use on duty. Train like you fight!

At the end of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion.

I am a Georgia POST certified Instructor. If you are a LEO and bring a C12 to the class, I will sign off on it and you can turn it in to your Training Staff, or directly to POST, for credit.

Please respond here, call me or PM me and let me know if you will be attending. Payment is in advance to reserve your spot. If you assure me that you are in, and that the payment is enroute, I will consider your spot HELD. I will be acccepting checks, MO's and PayPal.

Feel free to call me at (678) 523-7522 if you have any questions.

Thank you and Semper Fi!
Rob Sheppard
http://precision-applications.com/

Back
Top Bottom