Bear Attacks Sleeping 16 Years Old Girl

OttoMan

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Do unto others what you want them to do to you!
421   0
Reaction score
Bear attacks sleeping 16-year-old girl at Great Smoky Mountains National Park

A black bear in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park attacked and injured a 16-year-old girl while she was sleeping in a hammock early Friday morning, according to a news release.

The family got the bear to leave their campsite in the Cosby section of the park immediately after the attack and park rangers provided medical care to the girl just after midnight Friday. She was taken to the University of Tennessee Medical Center by Tennessee Army National Guard at about 9 a.m.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news...-attacked-girl-while-she-sleeping/7746873002/
anigif_sub-buzz-28306-1495732327-11.gif

That’s just north of the area where they’ve been having trouble along the AT.

I reckon development is squeezing everyone together up there these days.

The AT section from in at Newfound Gap to out at Hot Springs is a very nice walk

There were other bears around their camping that morning.

Bear conversation::becky::becky::becky::becky::becky:

Bear Tom: "Hey Man, look at that breakfast inside that hammock!!"

Bear Tim: "Dude... Dudeeeeeeee..... Are you kidding? - Isn't that a white Girl ?"

Bear Tom: "Well, she smell delicious to me. Would you eat her with me?"

Bear Tim: "Heck Yeah...!!!"

Too many folks don’t know how to hang a bear bag away from their site and they keep food and smells (toothpaste, deodorant etc.) in their tent or hammock. I’ve got bears all around my house that come and go and I’ve hiked the AT from GA to VT without a problem. Most of the time the problem with bears is caused by a hiker’s or camper’s lack of properly stowing food and anything that may attract them.

Back
Top Bottom