• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Been out the last week and a half...

Nah, did not miss a thing....well, not exactly true, but nothing worth mentioning.

So, how was the trip?

Nah, did not miss a thing....well, not exactly true, but nothing worth mentioning.

So, how was the trip?
Absolutely exhausting! Weather didn't cooperate for Denali (which was to be the highlight) but did get to see a big grizzly there and a wolf of all things trotting down the road right at and next to the bus we were in. Only a glimpse of a moose. I'm tempted to go back and do a DIY trip. Being on a planned tour on somebody else's schedule got to be annoying.
If anyone has not been to Alaska, they need to do it, yesterday!

Yeah, I know we exchanged Alaska info a few months ago...
I agree!!!
Alaska is amazing. Our Denali visit in May was perfect. Clear view of Mt. McKinley both days we were there.
And Fairbanks was sunny and 78 degrees. :)
We had perfect weather during the whole 10 day trip luckily.

Yeah, I know we exchanged Alaska info a few months ago...
I agree!!!
Alaska is amazing. Our Denali visit in May was perfect. Clear view of Mt. McKinley both days we were there.
And Fairbanks was sunny and 78 degrees. :)
We had perfect weather during the whole 10 day trip luckily.
Yep, we went too late (but had no other option). When we got to the overlook/turnaround in Deanali to view McKinley the bus driver said sarcastically "this is the 'post card' view you normally see on pictures of McKinley". You couldn't even see the front of the bus! :laugh: The visibility was literally less than 50 yards due to fog/clouds.
Of course the week before we were there everything was obscured from smoke from the fires and causing real problems all the way into Anchorage so I won't complain about the rain for their sake. We had a lot more beautiful days than not so I'm not complaining. The timing for Denali was just a bust. :(

Back
Top Bottom