• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bergara B-14 hmr, weatherby VG Meateater, or custome

razer2015

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
0   0
Reaction score
I've been looking into getting a 6.5 creedmoor for hunting After looking around some I'm debating between the Bagara B-14 HMR and the weatherby VG Meateater. I really like how smooth and quiet the action is on the B-14 and its adjustable cheek riser. My only gripe about it is mainly its weight, and how front heavy. Alternatively the weatherby meateater is very light weight and it's weight balance is perfect for free hand shooting. My gripes with it is how loud the action is compared to the B-14 and how much the bolt slops around and it doesn't have an adjustable cheek riser. Ideally I'd love to throw the spiral fluted barrel from the meateater onto the B-14 reciver on an adjustable skeletonized folding stock chassis. Unfortunately im trying to stick to about a 2k budget. I spent 5k on my christensen modle 14 mpr chambered in 300 winmag wich I love to death and is my gold standard when it comes to chassis. However I'm open to alternative sugestions along as the build includes room for the scope price. I currently run vortex scopes but I'd love to get a Leupold scope they are just a bit pricey. max range I'd shoot is 500 yards

My son got a new B14 HMR Friday. Took it out to break it in with a box of factory ammo yesterday. It said no need to break in. Yeah ok. Well…Bergara ain’t no liars. Got it on paper and had it zeroed in 3 shots. Hit steel from 100-600 yds with the cheapest scope Nikon ever made. Has a thermal on it now. I’d buy one without hesitation. His has the carbon barrel to help with weight

Back
Top Bottom