• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

My father was a well known and really well respected chemist in the rubber and plastics industry. No not condoms, some rear-end always makes a stupid remark about that. With two major patents to his name. One made his last employer a multi millionaire many times over. Cornered the printing press roller market. Several company's sent reps. to try and bribe my father out of the formula and my mother caught one his good friends in his home office trying to find it. I mean it was a big deal. I had the luxury of sipping some of the most expensive bourbon made. Some of you guys that I have traded with and really appreciated it I would have invited over to my father's house and let him give you the sample experience he would put on. He was proud of that stuff. The bad thing about it is when he passed away my mom poured all of it down the drain. She didn't drink a drop. Even I went ballistic over that and I hated it!

Good luck fellas. Let us know if’n you win:

Eastern Kentucky Flood Victims to Benefit from Buffalo Trace Distillery Auction of Highly Rare and Collectible Whiskeys

Online Auction Offers Full Line Up of Some of the Distillery's Most Coveted Collections such as Van Winkle, Buffalo Trace Antique Collection and Blanton's

Source: Buffalo Trace Distillery

August 16, 2022

In late July, record rainfalls in Eastern Kentucky led to catastrophic damage and the loss of at least 37 lives. Unfortunately, some of Buffalo Trace's team members in the area did experience the ultimate loss of extended family members.

To help raise funds for disaster relief, Buffalo Trace is partnering with Menish Productions on six very rare and unique whiskey packages, including a VIP tour of Buffalo Trace Distillery, available via online auction starting Aug. 18, 2022 at 9 a.m. and running through Aug. 25, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. Up for bid are a complete set of Pappy Van Winkle whiskies, (including Van Winkle Rye), a complete set of Buffalo Trace's Antique Collection, including a 2020 George T. Stagg, Blanton's, Double Eagle Very Rare, and other exclusive offerings.

The items which will be offered are:
One Van Winkle Whiskey set which includes:
Old Rip Van Winkle 10 Year Old Bourbon

Van Winkle 12 year old "Lot B" Bourbon

Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye Whiskey

Pappy Van Winkle 15 year old Bourbon

Pappy Van Winkle 20 year old Bourbon

Pappy Van Winkle 23 year old Bourbon

One Buffalo Trace Distillery Antique Collection (BTAC) set including:
William Larue Weller Bourbon (125.3 proof)

Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye (129.5 proof)

Eagle Rare 17 Year Old Bourbon (101 proof)

Sazerac Rye 18 Year Old Bourbon (90 proof)

2020 George. T. Stagg Bourbon (130.4 proof)

One Double Eagle Very Rare Bourbon

Barrel head signed by Master Distiller Harlen Wheatley

VIP tour for four at Buffalo Trace Distillery

Two sets of Blanton's Single Barrel Bourbon each package includes:
Blanton's Single Barrel Domestic Bourbon (93 proof)

Blanton's Single Barrel Gold edition Bourbon (103 proof)

Blanton's Straight From the Barrel Bourbon (proof varies)

One Old Charter Oak Bourbon collection which includes:
Old Charter Oak Mongolian Oak Bourbon

Old Charter Oak French Oak Bourbon

Old Charter Oak Canadian Oak Bourbon

Old Charter Oak Chinkapin Oak Bourbon

"The loss of lives, housing, infrastructure, and even basic necessities most of us take for granted is devasting," said Mark Brown, chief executive officer, Buffalo Trace Distillery. "We hope our bourbon community, who we know can be very generous, really shows its support and we're able to raise an unheralded amount of funds for Eastern Kentucky disaster relief."

Details on the auction and how to bid can be found here ( https://www.proxibid.com/Menish-Pro...d-Relief-Benefit-Auction/event-catalog/227310 )All proceeds from the auction will go to disaster relief in Eastern Kentucky.

About Buffalo Trace Distillery
Buffalo Trace Distillery is an American family-owned company based in Frankfort, Franklin County, Kentucky. The Distillery's rich tradition dates back to 1775 and includes such legends as E.H. Taylor, Jr., George T. Stagg, Albert B. Blanton, Orville Schupp, and Elmer T. Lee.
Buffalo Trace Distillery is a fully operational Distillery producing bourbon, rye and vodka on site and is a National Historic Landmark as well as is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Distillery has won 35 distillery titles since 2000 from such notable publications as Whisky Magazine, Whisky Advocate Magazine and Wine Enthusiast Magazine. Its George T. Stagg was named World Whiskey of the Year for 2022 and its Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye was named 2nd Finest Whiskey in the World for 2022.

Old Fourth Ward Distillery - Atlanta - 4 year old bonded 100 proof bourbon for Master’s sipping and Cedar Planking a Salmon filet later.......

9e44fdccc5a48ab4af4c6054a1e6c85b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was always told back in the day when I worked at a liquor store that scotch is whiskey only from Scotland, bourbon is whiskey that only comes from Kentucky. So, that bottle should not have bourbon on the bottle. I am a macallan scotch drinker almost exclusively as I rarely drink, but I will have to check this out as I lived in the old fourth ward in the late 90’s way before it was gentrified😂.

My father was a well known and really well respected chemist in the rubber and plastics industry. No not condoms, some rear-end always makes a stupid remark about that. With two major patents to his name. One made his last employer a multi millionaire many times over. Cornered the printing press roller market. Several company's sent reps. to try and bribe my father out of the formula and my mother caught one his good friends in his home office trying to find it. I mean it was a big deal. I had the luxury of sipping some of the most expensive bourbon made. Some of you guys that I have traded with and really appreciated it I would have invited over to my father's house and let him give you the sample experience he would put on. He was proud of that stuff. The bad thing about it is when he passed away my mom poured all of it down the drain. She didn't drink a drop. Even I went ballistic over that and I hated it!
I can only imagine how mad you were from a sentimental aspect as well as the money that was poured down the drain. Death makes people and/or families do some really crazy things. Sorry about your loss(your dad), and the loss of something you could have used to spark memories every time you could have drank some of the bourbons he had left after he passed.

Back
Top Bottom