• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best First 22

heres my varmint eliminator, it'll take all ammo types and brands except winchester
View attachment 271658

I'd try to find another caliber though considering our situation now, they always have 17 hmr in stock

Yeah, but you can't shoot 3 position matches with anything but .22 LR. Hopefully the stupidity will end soon.

My 8 year old is finally expressing some interest, so figured I would revisit this thread. I'd love to find a 452 Scout for him, but I think I have a better chance of finding the Lost Ark of the Covenant. Everything else I see has really crappy iron sights.

Anyone know of a youth, bolt action .22 with decent iron sights?

Savage Rascal. It has decent irons. Rear peep sight is windage and elevation adjustable. Also has the accutrigger.

Ithaca Mod 49(?) single shot lever action. Paid $29.95 in 1972 when I was 12. Bought it myself (mom did) with my paper route money. Must have put thousands of rounds thru that little gun. Taught me to be a Real good rifle shot. Loved it. Wish I still had it. When and if I become a grandfather I'll get my grandkids something similar to show them how to be great shots too. :)

I also started with a Remington Speedmaster 552. I've had 2 more since then....they are great because they will shoot short, long and long rifle....tube fed....and quality......they have the ability to rip through a box of .22 quickly if your not careful but all in all a damn good .22 rifle

Don't want to get a single shot, as I want him to be able to use it in rimfire competitions when he gets experienced enough to do so.

Back
Top Bottom