Best local deal on 124/147gr 9mm projectiles

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I need to pick up at least 250 9mm projectiles tomorrow so I can load some up for a shooting trip Saturday. Cabelas has berrys 147gr for $32 was hoping some place local had them cheaper than that.

Lead cast at Georgia arms too. Call to see if they have both in stock before driving.

The 124 grains at 1,110 FPS don't seem to lead my barrels and nearly duplicate many SD rounds as recoil, speed and drop are concerned.

Lead cast at Georgia arms too. Call to see if they have both in stock before driving.

The 124 grains at 1,110 FPS don't seem to lead my barrels and nearly duplicate many SD rounds as recoil, speed and drop are concerned.

Loading for slower than that anyway, mainly suppressor use. What's the word on lead cast through glocks and suppressors though? Never loaded cast.

A suppressor that can be broken down and cleaned, ok.

The lead does cak up the baffles and create a build up that I use a pick to remove. Yes, it's more smokey-bullet lube burns off and creates more smoke. However, if you familiar with adding water or grease to reduce first round pop it does seem to reduce the report a tad.

The 147 grain cast lead projectiles are some of the softest reporting pills I have loaded up.

I use a lot of the 124 grain lead cast as they offer a flexible option of subs or training rounds that approximate the self defense loads I tend to carry in 9mm.

There are issues with lead cast and polygonal rifling that are observed with a test barrel that can detect pressure from my study. HK recommends cleaning after 200 rounds or so and Glock states not to do it. If you have an aftermarket traditional rifled barrel then it's not an issue in any forum.

Back
Top Bottom