best Mathews?

Laces_Out_Marino

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
29   0
Reaction score
I have been looking at getting a Mathews for the upcoming season, I have it narrowed down to a few and wanted to see what everyones opinion on what model is the best value for the money.

I have been looking at getting a Mathews for the upcoming season, I have it narrowed down to a few and wanted to see what everyones opinion on what model is the best value for the money.

if your looking at best value for the money then find you a switchback. quite possibly the finest hunting bow ever made.

if your looking at best value for the money then find you a switchback. quite possibly the finest hunting bow ever made.

I have to agree. I bought my Switchback when they first came out and I am still shooting and hunting with it, I'm yet to shoot a bow that's any better IMHO.

I had a switchback xt for 3 years and it was a very fine shooting bow. The only reason I sold it was to buy a Z7 extreme which is awesome but IMO would be a little bit more steady if it wasn't quite so light. I shoot it at 74lbs of draw weight which could def affect that. point being the switchback was a much more steady bow at longer ranges.

I had a switchback xt for 3 years and it was a very fine shooting bow. The only reason I sold it was to buy a Z7 extreme which is awesome but IMO would be a little bit more steady if it wasn't quite so light. I shoot it at 74lbs of draw weight which could def affect that. point being the switchback was a much more steady bow at longer ranges.

that low weight is why i dont like the heli-m, or really any of the newest model bows. they are great for shooting indoors, but when you get outside just the slightest breeze will have that thing moving all over the place.

that being said, im shooting a first year model z7. i like it, but would prefer a switchback.

Find a nice 05-06 model.and be happy. I used to shoot a z7 xtreme and although I liked it, I am just as happy with my 2005 Bow tech Tribute. She shoots just as well and handles great. As stated - if you want Mathews the Switchback is a great choice - very solid bows and you can find them setup nicely for around 400-450 dollars.

I am particularly fond of the new Monster Chill. Was a great shooting bow as well.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Mathews switchback xt is what I've had for a few years now. :thumb: it's has the wide limbs on it. The thin limb version just seemed kinda small and weightless IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom