Best of the prepared foods?

I need to start working on collecting seeds as well. Problem for me is no experience with growing things and very little land to grow them on. I've been considering what to look at for literature on native species of plants that can be eaten in this area as well.

Too bad about the peas there man. I love me some peas. Oh, and I wanted to test the Chef's Banquet out a bit more so I made up 6 servings to coincide with the number of servings in a pound package of egg noodles. Added the noodles for bulk and made 6 meals out of it. Pretty darn good. Needed to add salt but made very satisfying meals.

You can find all of the above at TruPrep. They will ship it to you for free if you spend $150 or more. They are also local, store locations in both Marietta and Alpharetta GA.
www.truprep.com

Any time.

I'll be leaving for the night at 10:45 but I'll be back in the AM.

Last edited:
hey Bassin, our Wally World has Augason Farms in the sporting goods section, just saw it yesterday and didn't have time to check it out much but I'll get a bucket this week and try it out.

mdog, You said you don't have much room, it really doesn't take as much as you might think. We did a test garden this year and what ya know, we can actually grow things. It's been fun and we just started a fall crop. It's is only 4'X16' and it has kep us in tomatoes, squash, zuch.,and peppers all summer, next spring we'll build 2 more and expand the variety, maybe even some peas for me. lol

I'll start another tread about our chicken adventure later.

I can squeeze out maybe twice that n the corner behind the house. I own about an acre but 3/4 of that is a wooded hill. The house, driveway, and another hill along the front yard make most of what's left unsuable. I have no exerience(well SUCCESSFUL experience) growing things. twenty or so years ago, while living in Kansas I tried to grow carrots and potatoes and only managed to grow orange pushpins and a few marbles. My wife wanted to grow peas this year and managed maybe 10 plants that she harvested a total of a dozen pods from all season. I think I could be the cure for Kudzu if I ever TRIED to grow it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom