Best Spray Paint for gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spend the $$$ ONE TIME and have it hydro-dipped..or cerakote. That way,you don't completely de-value the gun. If it's a gun you don't give a crap about..and could care less if it only brings $50 when you go to sell it...then by all means..Krylon it:p.

I'm not paying extra for a gun dipped or painted period. To me paint off any sort does not add value, it's what the current owner wants not necessarily what I want.

I'm not paying extra for a gun dipped or painted period. To me paint off any sort does not add value, it's what the current owner wants not necessarily what I want.

This. Its a custom thing. Its just like people who burn holes into the grips of polymer guns. I wont buy one that has been spray painted or has holes burned into the frame.

They are making a new ceramic coating that is high temp,comes in a fe different colors and works very well. It does need to be heated in 3 steps to cure it properly. Once done it is very durable and looks great. You can get it at Advance Auto for $13.00 a can. I used it on a Para 12-45 and it turned out awesome,tried to scratch it with a drill bit and it did not scratch,chip, nothing. I also gave it a Frog Lube bath & bake to bring out a bit of luster.
This stuff is not your typical paint. VHT ceramic header coating.

Spend the $$$ ONE TIME and have it hydro-dipped..or cerakote. That way,you don't completely de-value the gun. If it's a gun you don't give a crap about..and could care less if it only brings $50 when you go to sell it...then by all means..Krylon it:p.
I will buy a Krylon gun as I can strip the paint. Something hydro dipped or cerakoted is worthless to me.

alumahyde 2 works way better than krylon but its kind of expensive for a spray paint. As long as you let it cure right I would put it on par with duracoat as far as durability goes. Plus it can go on just about anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom