Bill of Sale Required?

Hasselhoss

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
168   0
Reaction score
I'm probably just splitting hairs here but.... Looking through the ads I see that this question is answered "Yes" where it shouldn't be. I see people saying "Yes, quick peek at gdl and gwl" or "yes, DL and GWL".

Unless you are asking for copies of those or want to get information off of them for your records, that's not a Bill of Sale. I think if you put "yes" you are saying that you want signed, written documentation. Showing your Drivers License and Georgia Weapons License isn't a bill of sale. I assume that people who put "no" will normally ask to see these things unless you've traded with them before.

Last edited:
It should be clarified though. Because I will gladly show someone my proof of age and residence and my GWCL, but if it says yes to a BOS then I immediately skip it and move on. I know it's been said a thousand times, but no stranger that I meet on the streets is gonna write down my name and address knowing full well I obviously have at least whatever they just sold me and as the case with most people on here, probably more at that said address. Not gonna happen.

It should be clarified though. Because I will gladly show someone my proof of age and residence and my GWCL, but if it says yes to a BOS then I immediately skip it and move on. I know it's been said a thousand times, but no stranger that I meet on the streets is gonna write down my name and address knowing full well I obviously have at least whatever they just sold me and as the case with most people on here, probably more at that said address. Not gonna happen.

Exactly.

Started to buy a mini 14 on here yesterday, The ad said Bill of sale,DL and Carry permit. I sent him a PM , He actually wanted all 3 !! I told him I didn't have a carry permit and he told me if I would go to the Cobb county PD with him and let him run a background check on me, he would sell me the gun ! To much info, I moved on !!!

Started to buy a mini 14 on here yesterday, The ad said Bill of sale,DL and Carry permit. I sent him a PM , He actually wanted all 3 !! I told him I didn't have a carry permit and he told me if I would go to the Cobb county PD with him and let him run a background check on me, he would sell me the gun ! To much info, I moved on !!!

Sounds like a dealer selling retail under the radar. He probably takes that information back to his shop and fills in the form with it.

Back
Top Bottom