• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Blade show experience and scores

Vdub5818

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
41   0
Reaction score
So needless to say, Blade was amazing. My feet still hurt from the marathon of attending all 3 days.

Jason Brous is a standup guy. Warrantied my Reloader without even batting an eye. Just handed him the damaged one and he immediately handed back a brand new one.
Mikkel Willumsen is also a really nice guy, he was carrying the craziest MASSIVE folder.
John Grimsmo is also a very nice guy. Chatted with him for quite a bit about his whole operation. Did you know he machines his own bearing cages?! Thats obsession. Makes sense now why those Norseman's are beyond smooth.
Geoff (tuffthumbz) was also a whole lot of fun. His cleaver and southard were nothing short of amazing. Gave him my Brous Reloader to do some natural pattern unidirectional carbon scales(might change it to marble carbon), and bronze the liners and hardware. Might have him acid stonewash the blade, not too sure yet.
Mike (gavko) was a very cool guy. His work was very attractive firsthand, I had to walk away because his "steampunk" blade was calling my name and my pockets were bare at that point.
Rick Hinderer is a true gentleman. Treated me with the same respect as anyone could hope for. Thanks again for the advice, the autographs, and the gorgeous xm-18 from the lotto. He also engraved his signature on the blade for me. Just an added perk!
Yacked a bit with Mick Strider and just drooled all over this full damascus smf he had. Seriously amazing work.
Greg Medford is a madman! Very cool/down to earth person. Actually all the guys at the Medford booth were really cool guys. Their new Viper is a very nice blade indeed.
ZT has some really nice new designs, we will see if they get made as shown.
James Yeager was a pretty nice guy in person.

Snagged a Brous Silent Soldier Flipper Framelock(20/200), got my Brous Reloader(188/500) replaced for a new one due to the detent falling out, Grimsmo Tor(13) and some carbon fiber 3k twill/unidirectional slabs to try my hand at making some scales for the Tor, and hit the Hinderer lotto and got an XM-18 3.5" stonewashed s35vn spanto with FDE DLC on the Ti and an ACU digicam scale. Bunch of shirts and random freebies. Overall it was an AMAZING show.Here is a quick vid I threw together just showing off the hardware.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q-lLyylqUs&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Here are the pics of the score.
i1216.photobucket.com_albums_dd373_Vdub818_IMG_0658_zps081ef2ee.jpg

i1216.photobucket.com_albums_dd373_Vdub818_IMG_0659_zpsbea0f161.jpg

i1216.photobucket.com_albums_dd373_Vdub818_IMG_0684_zpsff1fdd80.jpg

i1216.photobucket.com_albums_dd373_Vdub818_IMG_0686_zpsd979cc9d.jpg

i1216.photobucket.com_albums_dd373_Vdub818_IMG_0687_zpsb0f3992c.jpg

i1216.photobucket.com_albums_dd373_Vdub818_IMG_0668_zps59830b9f.jpg

i1216.photobucket.com_albums_dd373_Vdub818_IMG_0669_1_zps87ec8c69.jpg

i1216.photobucket.com_albums_dd373_Vdub818_IMG_0679_zps7628578b.jpg

Last edited:
That Hinderer is amazing.

I am going to Blade next year for sure. Need to start saving up.

For real man! Make sure you save up. I brought a little over a grand, and it was NOT enough. That place was like a free crack convention for crackheads, except involving edged tools :D

FWIW the microtech/strider collab, the DOC, was a seriously badass blade. I am still pissed I didnt bring enough to scoop that as well.

Post up a pic of your Reloader dude! Those things are cool as hell. Mikkel showed me his and Pointed out the Brous Booth but I didnt have time to go see if they had any. I want one!

Post up a pic of your Reloader dude! Those things are cool as hell. Mikkel showed me his and Pointed out the Brous Booth but I didnt have time to go see if they had any. I want one!

I would if I could, but I didnt even get pics of it. Geoff (tuffthumbz) has it and probably will for the next couple months. He's a busy man apparantly.
I handed my reloader to Mikkel, and come to find out he had never held one! Kind of crazy showing your knife to the designer and hes never held one lol.

Back
Top Bottom