• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

BMW X3?

baxterday

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
103   0
Reaction score
I am contemplating the purchase of a 2010 X3 and was wondering if anyone has owned one, and what the experience was like? Reliable, easy to work on? Issues you may have had? I believe the 2007-2010 are the same, the last ones made in the mother land.

My best friend has owned 3 BMW and none of them are "easy to work on". I've never met a BMW owner that claimed it was easy to work on. He makes snotty comments because I'm always "wrenching" on my old Fords. he ignores the fact that I do it because I can.

Considering what the parts cost, I wouldn't want any one but but a certified mechanic in an lab coat with new Snap on Tools to install it.

Have had two BMW's. Wouldn't own one again without a warranty. Find a good independent mechanic and be ready to be their best friend. None of the newer models are easy to work on and parts are expensive because you don't fix anything you just replace large assemblies.

But they are great cars. Had an older 5 series with a manual transmission and an E46 M3 convertible with 6 speed. Buddy has a new x5 with the bigger motor and it's fun.

I had an E90 335i and it was an amazing car in every way possible but it was extremely unreliable. I did my own wrenching on it and I was ALWAYS fixing something. Finally had enough of it and unloaded it. I also don't have much desire to own another one. If I do get another one it will likely be an X5 35D.

I am dropping my e30 off tomorrow.
The job I am having done I believe I could do, but, the mechanic gave me a good price.
I will probably sell my wife's GM product and buy an older x5 or what she wants.

My credit union offers a Route 66 extended warranty on used cars. I called up some independent bmw shops and asked if those are worth a damn and two shops told me that Route 66 was one of the only ones that actually paid out claims easily when something broke. If financing, you may want to see if your bank offers any plans and research them. It's the only reason I bought another bimmer. They are bonafide money pits.

Back
Top Bottom