• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Boat Traier Repair around Dallas, GA?

CardsFan

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
0   0
Reaction score
I had flooring replaced in my boat at Buck's Island in Southside, AL and picked it up last Saturday. Driving home I was smiling thinking the wife and I would be hitting Carters this weekend. That smile lasted until I hit the brakes and realized it's time for some surge brake maintenance :mad:

The two places I used to have trailer maintenance done around here have either moved or gone out of business. I would like to avoid taking the boat to Marietta. Does anyone know of a good place that does hydraulic trailer brake repair around Dallas, GA?

Thanks for any reccomendations.

Is your trailer equipped with a mechanical lockout, for backing up? If so, did you check it to make sure it's not engaged (boat repair place may have accidentally forgot while they backed it around on their yard).

GoNoGo, that's a good suggestion but it's been 3 years since I've had service on the brakes so it's definitely time for some for maintenance.

Try this.

Owen's Trailer Repair Inc
493 Main St, Dallas, GA 30132 770-505-6625

I stopped by there yesterday at lunch. The employees said they only work on big rigs but to ask the owner if he would make an exception. As I started to talk with the owner he kept taking calls for service and I had to leave for a teleconference for work.

At this point I'm thinking about just taking it back to Buck's Island. They are the only ones I trust to work on my jetboat, so I imagine they should be able to handle surge brakes just fne.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom