• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Booze/Coffee/Cigarettes

I don’t drink, nor do I smoke...I do drink my fair share of coffee. After reading the entire series by William R Forstchen (One Second After; One Year After; The Final Day) - I’m thinking about adding a few bottles of booze, a few carton of cigs and plenty of coffee for bartering.

Also - the series was recommended by someone on the ODT...if you are looking for a few good reads, these were really good.
Buy canned tobacco like people get to roll their own, get papers too if you want, canned ill keep longer but after a point i don't think people will bitch about stale tobacco, they just want to smoke.
For liquor, get pint bottles of the cheapest stuff...same idea, if you re the only game in town and small bottles easier to trade.
buy green coffee beans in cans...or green coffee beans in bags and empty them into buckets without oxygen absorbers...keep in a cool place in sealed buckets...they keep for years and not that hard to roast and grind..

Wouldn't tobacco seeds be better to keep if wanting to barter it after such an event? I'd rather know I can just grow it than have a limited supply to trade.

Wouldn't tobacco seeds be better to keep if wanting to barter it after such an event? I'd rather know I can just grow it than have a limited supply to trade.
depends where you live...there is a coffee plant that will grow in the mountains if your soil is good...

We have a box full of pint and half pint bottles of end of the world liquor like McCormick vodka Lord Calvert, Evan Williams etc. Good bartering size plastic bottle that don't take up much space.

I'd like to share a recipe with you. Really simple. Go to store, buy a few big hugs of Welc hes grape juice, 5# sugar, 2 fleischman yeast. In a clean bucket pour in the grape juice, save caps & bottles. Pour in the sugar, STIR, add yeast, Stirrer, cover bucket with a clean towel, sit it in a warm place 3-4 days. Strain it through the towel back into the bottles, cap them but loosely. Too tight is messy. Place in the refrigerator, chill then get settled down for the day & don't plan on driving. Take cap off first jug & sip away

I'd like to share a recipe with you. Really simple. Go to store, buy a few big hugs of Welc hes grape juice, 5# sugar, 2 fleischman yeast. In a clean bucket pour in the grape juice, save caps & bottles. Pour in the sugar, STIR, add yeast, Stirrer, cover bucket with a clean towel, sit it in a warm place 3-4 days. Strain it through the towel back into the bottles, cap them but loosely. Too tight is messy. Place in the refrigerator, chill then get settled down for the day & don't plan on driving. Take cap off first jug & sip away
That sounds like cheap ass prison swill.

It is cheap but in a blind contest in a high falutin rich folks condo in Florida it took second place. How high falutin? The man that invented roundup lived there.

Anyone make persimmon wine?

I’ve never had it but I love
me some persimmons.

Even the persimmon crush you buy for deer candy is darn tempting to sprinkle on some cereal or ice cream.

Not persimmons. But I got a bunch of overrippened bananas from food depot this summer. 30 lbs for $3. I decided to make banana wine. It came out pretty dang good. Tastes like bananas foster to me.
FYI... 30 lbs of bananas will make A Lot of wine.

Back
Top Bottom