• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bored tinkering

GFB

Default rank 5000+ posts
. . .
24   0
Reaction score
You ever get bored and start tinkering with your guns? Probably most people do. Here's something I did last month.

One of my rifles is a CZ 550 in 270 that I had a 4x Leupold on. I never used it very much. Bored and being a temporary bachelor, I took it into the living room and pulled it from the walnut stock. There was zero bedding. From an incomplete project, I had an unused aftermarket stock on hand. I dropped it in there and mounted a different scope on it, which was just sitting around not being used. Anyway, I feel like I have a new rifle to play with in spite of having owned it for quite a while already.

Here's a pic before I got the scope tightened down. Unfortunately, I won't get to see how it shoots for a couple months.

IMG_4356.jpg

I'm on a roll for getting threads moved. Drop a rifle in a different stock and you're a gunsmith. I'll figure out where to put stuff eventually.

Ruger Scout in 308.
My do-all / hunting rifle.
Decided to lighten it up a little with a synthetic stock instead of the laminated one, and was bored with the plain black. So, a couple cans of krylon, and a soldering iron, makes it custom. Lol.
The stippled grip/forearm came out pretty nice.
It wears a Vortex Razor II-E 1-6, and shoots moa when I do my part.
I suppose this is "bored tinkering" if I'm being honest.

20221104_142123.jpg20221104_125458.jpg20221103_213019.jpg

Need a T&E for sure! But I don't like the tripods, I don't wanna sit. Plus this is going to be vehicle mounted...... The mount I fabricated is really overbuilt, I've got the bags of concrete just incase since this was it's first test firing.

Ruger Scout in 308.
My do-all / hunting rifle.
Decided to lighten it up a little with a synthetic stock instead of the laminated one, and was bored with the plain black. So, a couple cans of krylon, and a soldering iron, makes it custom. Lol.
The stippled grip/forearm came out pretty nice.
It wears a Vortex Razor II-E 1-6, and shoots moa when I do my part.
I suppose this is "bored tinkering" if I'm being honest.

View attachment 6089644View attachment 6089645View attachment 6089646
Looks like a handy setup.

Back
Top Bottom