Bought vehicle from dealer in March. Tag will already expire next month?

alnen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
My tag was issued at the beginning of this month (March) for a vehicle I just paid tax tag and title for. Is this correct that it is supposed to expire in a month and I'll have to pay the tag fee again? I have no doubt the vulture gov would do this, just kind of through me for a loop when I opened up the envelope.

My tag was issued at the beginning of this month (March) for a vehicle I just paid tax tag and title for. Is this correct that it is supposed to expire in a month and I'll have to pay the tag fee again? I have no doubt the vulture gov would do this, just kind of through me for a loop when I opened up the envelope.

I had to go to the courthouse and get the wife’s. The clerk told me that it was showing the state had sent me one via USPS which of course never showed so he issued me a new one. To pointedly answer your question, you shouldn’t have to pay the tag fee ($20) until the b-day of the registered owner.

You just have to go to the tag office and pay 25 for the actual tag. They will send you a notice in the mail to go pay the fee and pick it up.

I get this... That is my complaint. I just paid this tag fee and don't want to pay it again in a month. I don't think my not wanting to be taxed twice on a vehicle I just bought and paid tax on to drive on the roads that I also pay tax on and enforced by people who's salaries come from my tax money will be enough though, lol.

Just hoping there was some sort of wallace for this sort of thing. Wishful thinking I know.

I get this... That is my complaint. I just paid this tag fee and don't want to pay it again in a month. I don't think my not wanting to be taxed twice on a vehicle I just bought and paid tax on to drive on the roads that I also pay tax on and enforced by people who's salaries come from my tax money will be enough though, lol.

Just hoping there was some sort of wallace for this sort of thing. Wishful thinking I know.
I bought a vehicle in March before. I was convinced the government wouldn’t make me pay for a tag in March then again in April. Turns out I was wrong and I was luckily able to get the late fee waved when I found out after my birthday that I was past the due date.

This is very common. Friend of mine just had to get another 30 day sticker for his drive out tag . Used to see it all the time when I worked at new car lots. Their tag and title girls would get behind and folks would come in bitching about it. So they just gave them another sticker.

Back
Top Bottom